Banbury is an historical market town, located near the lovely Cotswolds, it has much to offer the visitor.
Within easy access there is:
- Stratford on Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare and nearby, at Shotterely is Anne Hathaway’s cottage.
- Warwick Castle, considered by many to be Britain’s ultimate castle.
- Broughton Castle has been described as “about the most beautiful castle in England.”
- Sulgrave Manor, a modest Tudor manor that was home to the ancestors of George Washington.
- Blenheim Palace, a magnificent baroque palace set in over 2,000 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens it is the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill.
- Waddesdon Manor dating from Victorian times this French Renaissance style chateau has outstanding collections of art treasures.
- Bicester Village, home to over 120 luxury outlet boutiques with collections from the world’s leading fashion and lifestyle labels.
FOR THE CLASSIC CAR ENTHUSIAST the Cotswolds are ideal touring country with narrow twisty lanes, quaint villages, restaurants and pubs. Within easy driving distance from Banbury it is easy to visit:
- Silverstone GP Circuit
as well as hosting the British Formula-1 Grand Prix, competition events and driver training days are held regularly throughout the year.
- British Motor Museum Formerly the Heritage Motor Centre - home to the world’s largest collection of historic British motorcars.
the former home of the MG Car Company.
the world famous hillclimb venue.
Morris and bus museum
historic sites of the British motoring industry